Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We're looking for a Climate strategy managers to help our customers succeed with Watershed as they embark on their journey to measure, reduce and report on their emissions. You are excited to be the connection between our customers and our product, ensuring we're building to meet the needs of our customers and supporting them as they build high-impact climate programs.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end experience of our customers. You will:
- Be the primary point of contact from Watershed with sustainability leaders at companies around the world.
- Foster long term relationships and build trust with customers.
- Become an expert in climate, and help them define their climate strategies. You'll educate companies on how they should navigate the world of carbon reduction targets, clean energy, carbon removal, and decarbonizing their supply chains.
- Drive attachment for all add-on purchases and services made through Watershed.
- Help customers understand and use the product; you'll configure their dashboards, equip them to gather the information they need about their carbon footprint, and drive adoption of program planning tools.
- Shape Watershed's product strategy by sharing feedback from customers on the front line.
- Think clearly about complex problems, and are comfortable using and speaking to data.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have experience working in enterprise level client-facing work — you are professional and confident.
- Have experience building products, and are excited to translate customers needs and insights into product requirements.
- Are extremely organized — you're able to balance and prioritize many moving pieces across several customers.
- Are passionate about solving climate change and excited to contribute to doing so at high scale. You're excited to join a startup, take responsibility for the fate of the company, and are ready to go deep with customers on the most effective solutions for them.
What's your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we're committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed's return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in mid-June, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We're particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one's, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We're also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We're a COVID-cautious company. The office is currently open to vaccinated team members, and we'll pay close attention to vaccination and case rates to ensure it's safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we'd love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What's the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through two to three conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. During these conversations, we'll agree together on a written plan of the interview process for your particular role. Usually this begins with a skill screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, or a portfolio review for a designer). We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.